Thursday, 19 November 2015
The Pharmacy Monologues 1
I am
watching…..What VALIUM is used for….
VALIUM is used for anxiety…. Ghost on the telly….Anxiety or tension associated with the normal stress of everyday life….you
have been gone for one month….usually
does not require treatment….with medicines….I count the days you have been
gone with empty blisters in the packets of pills….VALIUM is used to relax muscles…..VALIUM can also be used to treat…and
tonight it has been one month…..trembling,
confusional states or…anxiety associated with alcohol…Ghost is making me
sad. I wish you had loved me like
Patrick Swayze loved Demi Moore…..withdrawal.
It is also used to treat….panic attacks…..I remember, years ago, you sent
me that text and it said “to quote a very cheesy film from my youth, ditto”.
When did you stop dittoing? ….VALIUM
belongs to a group of…medicines called benzodiazepines…..I fucking hate
this film, I suddenly think. Stop being
self indulgent. Stop watching it……They
are thought to work by their…action on brain chemicals….Benzodiazepines are
not….The bit with Unchained Melody makes me cry and I miss you so much it
is a physical pain in my chest and I can’t breathe……recommended as the only treatment…of severe mental illnesses and
should….not be used alone to treat depression…..I start popping the
blisters out willy nilly and there are five tablets in the hollow of my palm…..Your doctor, however, may have….prescribed
VALIUM for another….purpose…..Ask your doctor if you have any…questions about
why VALIUM has been prescribed for you….I wash all five down with wine and
as I begin to swim into unconsciousness I think that if I don’t wake up I won’t
be too sad…..In general, benzodiazepines
such as VALIUM should be taken for short…periods only (around 2 to 4 weeks)…..But
of course I won’t be sad because I will be dead. So the sadness with kind of be
academic……Continuous long term use is
not….. I fall into a druggy, winey sleep to the sound of fucking ditto…..recommended unless advised by
your…doctor….The use of benzodiazepines may….lead to dependence on
the….medicine….This medicine is available only with….a doctor's prescription…..five
Valium never killed anyone, unfortunately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment